oil rinsing




For the past 3 months i have been trying out a new trick for my hair which is the oil rinsing method as the header says. As a low porosity girl i find that my hair tends to feel dry but after trying out this new trick i loved how my hair felt.


1. what is oil rinsing?
Oil rinsing is when you apply your favorite oil to your hair after you deep condition and let it stay for 5 to 30 minutes. I, personally prefer to use coconut oil then let it marinate for about five minutes then use my TRESemmé conditioner to coat my hair then wash it all out,thus leaving my hair moisturized by the time i start styling.

2. How often should it be done?
I do this whenever i wash my hair, there is no limit as to how many times you supposed to do it.

3. Benefits?
This is especially for low porosity girls, you will realize that your hair has so much moisture, less frizz, less tangles and if sealed properly you wont need to re moisturize during the week which is halleluyah for me.

4. Final thoughts?
If you tend to have build up quickly and you have dandruff then whenever you incorporate the oil rinsing method make sure you use a shampoo for your scalp. Because if not done correctly, it tends to become sticky and will cause extra build up then the dandruff.
Also, oil rinsing is different from pre-pooing in that a pre-poo is done before you shampoo and an oil rinse is done after a deep conditioning treatment.





Be blessed readers.

Comments

Popular Posts