Natural hair spotlight on Janine

1. Introduce yourself on one sentence?
I am Janine, a student, an artist and an all natural girl.
2. For how long have you been natural and what influenced your decision?
 I have been natural for all my life. Not that it was personal choice, but my dad had forbidden any of his girls from having relaxed hair(thanks Daddy), i had to do a mini chop in march of 2015 due to heat damage at a salon and here we are.
3. What is your regimen?
I co wash weekly, as for the rest i just wing it. I don't really have a specific thing i do i just listen to my hair.
     
 












4. Take me through your typical wash day and how do you deal with shrinkage?
I only dream of a typical wash day, lol. Am lazy but my perfect day starts with a prepoo with any essential vegetable oil at hand, I love my oils to spend a night on my tresses I noticed it gives me better results, I proceed to use any shampoo in my stock available, then I add a conditioner (protein or ordinary depending on what my hair needs) I towel dry then follow it up with moisturizing using the loc method then style. Shrinkage, i just embrace it, am not big on length "yet". It reminds me that my hair is doing fine. *shrug*
5. What do you love about been natural?
OMG, it's the versatility one moment am in curls, next am in coils and then kinks next am in an Afro, the list is endless <3 
 

 
6. What are your favorite product?
 I don't stick to one product that is just me, I am always on a budget so, No?. Because of that am a big on diy. But ors hair mayonnaise and organics conditioner will always be close to my heart.
7. What weird or good compliment have you ever received about your hair?
Non i guess if there have been any i have never paid attention
8. Would you wear your kinks at your wedding?
Not that i wouldn't but i will no doubt about that.
9. Have you had any setbacks in your natural hair?
Yes that chop in march definitely and currently I am going through one same mistake, the saloon. Excess heat from thee dryer just weakened my hair. *sad face*
10. Any advise to new naturals? 
Love yourself and your God given hair, with much love you will have patience to grow it and not be frustrated by the next natural sister who's growing better hair than you. We are different and that's what makes us special.




 

Comments

Popular Posts