How I make my homemade flaxseed gel.




flax seed gel

I have always been so curious to try out gels on my hair but the weird crunchy feeling on my hair left much to be desired, so I did a little research on natural gels. Aloe Vera gel and flax seed seemed to top my search engine, so therefore decided to go with flax seed because it was readily available.
Flax seeds are filled with many nutrients great for hair like proteins, omega 3 fatty acids, iron and many more great nutrients, so why not try it. It reduces hair breakage, reduces dandruff, prevents male baldness, nourishes the hair, doesn't leave any build up and many more.

The search for the flax seeds wasn't that stressful, because you can find them in any wholefood store mine was bought in dischem and was so tempted to buy some apple cider vinegar but that was me been an impulse buyer.

The process took me about 15minutes to make its that easy; all you need is

INGREDIENTS

4 tablespoons of flax seeds
2 cups of water
A strainer
lavender oil

METHOD

Put your flax seeds and water in a pot and let it boil for while stirring continuously and lifting the pot when it wants to overflow.
After 10minutes get your strainer and container then pour over while its still hot, because if it cools down it will take longer to strain.
If you happen not to a have a strainer use a pantyhose leg to help drain but be careful not to burn yourself, some youtubers use a sock but its all up to you.
Lastly, add 2 drops of your essential oils I used mongongo oil.

about to boil

pantyhose to strain











With the gel, I did a braid out and the results where awesome. No crunchy feeling, my hair wasn't dry, it felt moisturised though it took 2 days to completely dry the perks of low porosity hair. The gel was used on clean hair and all I used to moisturise was Shea Butter and my usual oil mix then the gel.
Later during the week used the gel again on dry hair and it just melted the tangles away re braided and wore my braid out again. Honestly, i am in love with this gel it might just become a staple.



 P.S
After straining the gel we don't want to waste the seeds because they also great, so a hack I learnt is put the residue in a ice cube tray and freeze, and use when you want to make health shakes. All you do is put in a blender and blend till the seeds are crushed then add your fruits, so not only does your hair benefit your body benefits too.

Lastly, hope you enjoy this gel and share your thoughts on it.
Happy reading.

Comments

Popular Posts